STEPS TO POSSESS YOUR POSSESSION
STEPS ON HOW TO POSSESS YOUR POSSESSION
Mar 5:25-34 KJV 25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, 27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. 28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. 29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. 30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
This same account is in Matthew 9: 20, Luk 8: 43. The Bible talked about a certain woman. The gospel writers did not put her name; possibly her problem had swallowed the use of her name. She was known and identified by people as the woman with the issue of blood. The people use her sickness to shame and reproach her.
There were other people in the Bible that were addressed by their infirmities like blind Bartimaeus Mt 10:46, some even after they have been cured, people still call them by their reproach. People like Simon the leper Mt 26:6
It is the same thing today, people use a defect or a part of the body where one has some challenges to call the person. They describe people by one challenge or the other either bodily challenge or social challenge. But can I pray for somebody here, whatever challenge with which people have reproached you will be turned around for your glory in Jesus name.
This woman had an issue of blood for twelve years. That was her challenge in life. She had a hemorrhage. Flowing of blood continuously. I don’t know your own issue; maybe you have issues with your husband or wife, your landlords, your family, issue of marriage, children, ministry, church, as we pray today the power of God will turn them around for your good in Jesus name.
The Bible says the woman had suffered many things from many doctors, they referred her from one place to another and were just collecting her money. She was not better and had spent all she had to treat herself. The sickness wasted her and wasted her resources. It was an incurable sickness.
There are issues in life that many are facing that are wasters. They waste time, resources, efforts, produce phycological torture and causes depression but as i pray now every waster assigned to you shall be wasted in Jesus name. Whatever is wasting your money shall perish in JESUS NAME. Money that the woman ought to have used to do something in life was wasted for 12years. I pray for you that you will not waste your money again in Jesus’ name. That issue shall be terminated today in Jesus name.
Joe 2:25 KJV And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
The good news was that despite the twelve years of wastage the woman encountered Jesus who was going to Jairus’ house and she was healed. We all know the story but I want to bring out some lessons on what transpired between when she was sick and when she got healed.
How was she made whole? Jesus said daughter your faith has made you whole. It wasn’t the faith of Jesus. You see Jesus knew that we will face tribulation and challenges in life Jn 17:33 but He said He has overcome the world. Now John wrote that, we too now have overcome the world by our faith. 1Jn 5:4 KJV For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. If everything is fine you may not need faith, but because of issues of life He gave us faith. Rom 12:2-3 He has dealt with every man the measure of faith. So that we can use our faith as instruments and tools to overcome life issues.
I will like to draw our attention to how this woman used her faith to draw power from Jesus and changed her story.
1. She heard of Jesus. She heard things concerning Jesus, She heard about jesus. She didn’t hear about the Pastor or Prophets or one powerful man of God. That is what we hear today. You should be in a place where they are talking of Jesus. Where they are proclaiming Jesus and not ascribing praise to holy water or oil.
One of the things that brings solutions is what you hear. This woman heard about Jesus and what He was doing to people. She got information even though she had not met Jesus before. One thing that brings transformation is the right information. That information that will transform your life shall come in Jesus name. Some of us just need a piece of information that is timely and that is all we need to get married, a good job, travel out and excel in ministry, that info will not elude you again in Jesus name.
2. What happened to her when she heard of Jesus? She received faith. Rom 10:17 says faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Pay attention to what you are hearing. If it is not building faith in you, cease from hearing it. It is not good news. If it produces fear and panic then it is not a right source of information. This woman heard all the testimonies and faith rose in her. What she heard affected her. The reason why I should not miss Bible study, reading the Bible, listening to the Bible, buying CDs and reading books. The more you hear the more faith is established. Col says let the word of God dwell richly in you.
3.She saw herself differently. A picture is worth a thousand words. The words she heard painted a new picture in her. The Bible says she said to herself if i can touch the hem of his garment i shall be healed or made whole. Mathew says she said within her. She imagined herself recovering from her sickness and saw a different picture of herself being healed and made whole completely. Her mindset changed.
For she said within herself,…. That is, she thought within herself, she reasoned the matter in her mind, she concluded upon it, and firmly believed it; being strongly impressed and influenced by the Spirit of God, and encouraged by instances of cures she had heard were performed by persons only touching him; see Lu 6:19
Ladies and gentlemen, healing and all other needs in life must be received in the mind before it can be a reality in the physical. Mk 11: 23 believe you receive them and it shall come to pass.
Until you see yourself differently from this present position or condition, we may never experience the transformation and changes we need.
Jer 1:11 KJV Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.
You can not rise above what you see everyday
4. She gave utterance to what she saw in her mind and heart. That place we read says “she said……” (Other verbs are aorist, perfect and imperfect tenses). The verb used here is an imperfect tense in Greek. An imperfect tense is an action that we do repeatedly or things we say to ourselves and to other people repeatedly. It is not a one time affair. In order words, she was saying the same thing that if i can just touch the hem of His garment i shall be made whole. She kept repeating it over and over again until she got the picture and saw herself in that new condition of health. 2Co 4:13 KJV We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; If you really believe, you will speak to yourself and to other people. You will announce it, shout and proclaim it.
5. She refused to be discouraged. One of the things that keep us from quickly receiving what belongs to us is that we listen to voices of discouragement. Discouragement comes from people, spouses, the devil and our own mind. One of the discouragements that women overcame is the social distance law. Many people would have advised her not to try it at all. They would have informed her of the consequence of her stepping out to touch Jesus. According to them she would defile Jesus and other people.
Lev 15:25-26 KJV And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean.26 Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. 27 And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Social stigma was there, fear of the scribes and Pharisees was there, they must not see her because she will make people too unclean. How about her smelly body? But the woman was not bothered.
6. She acted on her faith. She became resolute, convinced and persuaded about her faith now. She knew what she needed was not for JESUS to pray or lay hand on her. She said if i can then i shall be made whole. One of the laws of faith is that you must act on what you believe. Despite all the odds against her, she stepped out to act on what she was saying. Rom 10 says
Rom 10:10 KJV For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
It is not enough to believe, it is okay but it will not on its own produce healing and deliverance. There are many Christian who believe and are very good in prayer but where many miss it is in the area of acting their faith.
The Lord Jesus believed that ass belonged to him and he also had a scripture that backed it up but he had to act on it. He sent for it. He didn’t just sit there and thank God for giving Him ass but He went for it.
Jas 2:17 KJV Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
The work James is talking about there is what they call the corresponding action of faith. That is doing things that are consistent with your confession. Acting as if you have already gotten it. Doing as if it is done already.
This woman confessed the word and at the same time acted on her word. If she had sat at home confessing only, the healing wouldn’t have manifested. Many Christian want to see before they believe but the law of faith in Mk 11: 23, believe you receive them and you shall future tense have them.
Under the new testament.
Because they were under the law, the woman had to hide to come to Jesus and crept behind Him. In fact she received her healing on credit because Jesus had not received the stripes that heals. Now that Jesus has accomplished all that, we are at a better advantage.
It is already a done deal And all that is required from us is to confess and act on what we confess.
Col 2:6 KJV As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
How did we receive Jesus, by Rom 10: 9-10 we believe with our heart and confess with our mouth. Confession is an ascent, accord, agrement, saying the same thing as one. I took time to explain what made the two disciples Jesus sent to get ass for him to be successful. It was because they said what the Master asked them to say and those people let them. Nobody could stop them
Act healed not checking whether you are healed or not but act healed. Act rich, talk rich, act married, act as a blessed person.
If I ask you now how do you act your faith? Act on those things as if you have gotten them.
You are not confessing or acting to make it happen. Say if I say it for a long time then it will happen. You are confessing and acting because it has happened. That is an active faith. It has happened. So act as if you already have it.
What does acting our faith do?
- It is evidence of your faith. Faith is an evidence of things not seen Heb 11: 1 Faith is the title deed. Faith can be seen. It is tangible. People that brought their friends through the roof. Mar 2:5 KJV When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. What I see you do tells me about your faith. It is not your prayer or fasting now, they are good, it is not only your confession now but acting as if religiously
- What you focus your thoughts and acts on is quickly attracted to you. Your heart is like a scanning machine that checks the environment and brings events or circumstances that are relevant to you. How come Jesus passed by her route or house that day?
- It provokes heaven on your behalf. Heaven will have no choice than to make it happen. Imagine somebody talking very well about GO that he will give us refreshment after service, even though GO does not have it in the plan, but because someone has said it, GO will have no choice to do it. That is provocation in Biblical terms and not to make people angry.
- It is a prayer on its own.
My testimony when I was seeking admission into the university. I will dress every morning and act as if it was already in the school. I did it for 3-4months before the Jamb admission list came out.
I shared the story of a lady whose doctor said she can not have babies any longer. She went home and wrapped clothes together and put them in her dress and started acting like a pregnant woman, inducing vomit and complaining of back pain and not being able to sleep on her back. In less than three months, the same doctor pronounced her pregnant.
A lady that wanted to work in a bank after graduation but there was no work, she started dressing like a banker every morning and after about three months three banks in Lagos invited her for an interview
You need a car, act like a car owner, you need a house, start talking to architects and estate agencies for land, draw your plan. Dress your faith.
I will terminate every negative issue of life today. I bring an end to them, they shall not rise again in Jesus name.
Every evil identification in my life is cancelled.