Possession is defined by dictionary as something that is owned. Ownership; taking, holding, keeping something as one’s own. To possess is to have; to have ownership of something or someone. We have come to take ownership of what belong to us. We will see account of how the Lord Himself took ownership and we will learn from it. The same account is written by all the evangelists. Mt 21: 1-7, Mk 11: 1-6, Lk 19: 29-35 and Jn 12: 14. Whatever belongs to you, you shall take ownership of it today. You shall possess your possession in Jesus name.
Mar 11:1-6 KJV 1 And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples, 2 And saith unto them, Go your way into the village over against you: and as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon never man sat; loose him, and bring him. 3 And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither. 4 And they went their way, and found the colt tied by the door without in a place where two ways met; and they loose him. 5 And certain of them that stood there said unto them, What do ye, loosing the colt? 6 And they said unto them even as Jesus had commanded: and they let them go.
This text is what teachers of the Bible calls the triumphant entry into Jerusalem. The Lord was getting close to the end of His ministry on earth and He was approaching Jerusalem. He was at outskirt of Jerusalem. Jerusalem was important in the history of the Lord Jesus. It was a place of destiny. but He was at the outskirt of the place of destiny.
Can i pray for somebody like me here, whatever is keeping you outside your place of destiny shall perish in Jesus name.
The place of destiny can be your marriage, a new place of business, ministry, great success, it is a place of glory where your potential will be show forth, whee God wants to show case you, where your ability and potential will be manifested to the world but right now you are at Bethphage, outside your Jerusalem, may be stranded at Bethphage. I am praying for you that the power of God will locate yo where you are presently, it will catapult you there, it will move you, it will accelerate you in Jesus name.
The Lord sent two of his disciples and described a particular place unto them. He told them that there is an Ass and a Colt tied at a particular junction, he told them to go and loose it and bring them.
The Lord also anticipated that there may be challenges or opposition, so He told them what to say. And he told them if they say what he has commanded them to say, those people will let them go. They were not to fight or quarrel with the people but to say what he asked them to say.
So when they got to the place they began to untie the Colt and they were challenged. What do ye mean by it? do you intend to take the colt away? what business have you with it? what right have you to do so? and what is your end in it?
But the Bible says they said unto those people what the Lord commanded them to say.
So what did they really say?
Mark just said they say unto them as Jesus commanded. I wanted to know what they actually said? So i looked at Luke account and i saw this:
Luk 19:33-34 KJV 33 And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why loose ye the colt? 34 And they said, The Lord hath need of him.
You see as they said what the Lord commanded them to say, those people let them go. They obtained their desire and result
Ladies and gentlemen, what we say in prayer is equally important as the prayer we prayed. What make prayer to be effective is not how long. Jesus has warned about vain repetition prayer. What matter most is what you say. If it is the word of the master heaven and earth will obey and submit.
Saying the same thing the master said is what they call homologia in Greek and that is what they call confession in English.
Homologeo means to say the same thing as another, i.e. to agree with, assent, to concede
When you say your own word nobody pays attention but when you speak the word of the master heaven, earth and hell listens.
Mat 8:16 KJV When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
Even the angels they listen to the voice of his command Psalm 103: 20
Psa 103:20 KJV Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
How do you give voice to His word? It is when you speak His word out of your mouth, The angels hears and performs.
Another lesson is that the Ass is needed to transport Jesus to the place of destiny. In those days Ass, donkeys and horses are means of transportation or burden bearers.
There are men and women, who are vehicles, bridges, connecting bridge designed by the Lord to take you to your place of destiny. Without them it will take you longer and the journey becomes frustration and stressful. After this prayer they shall show forth and manifest in Jesus name. The Lord shall bring them across your path in Jesus name.
Here is another lesson the Ass did not come to Jesus on its own even though Jesus owns that ass. He has to sent for it. Somebody will ask me how come? How can the ass belong to Jesus? How do i know it belong to Jesus?
1. From the command the Lord gave, He said loose it and bring him to me. You don’t tell people to bring what is not yours or has been alloted to you, that will amount to stealing.
2. It has been long time predicted. Let’s read the account of Matthew, he said something about that:
Mat 21:4-5 KJV 4 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, 5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
Mathew was quoting the prophecy of Zechariah
Zec 9:9 KJV Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
In other words, Zechariah had prophecy that Jesus or messiah will ride on Ass. And the prophecy was literally fulfilled. There are many of us carrying prophecy. This is the time and season of fulfilment for you in Jesus name. It is coming to pass now. Every power delaying your prophecy shall perish by fire in Jesus name.
3. Mark says nobody has never rode on this Ass. That means it has been preserved and kept for Jesus. It belong to Jesus. It was meant for Jesus. it was exclusively reserved and preserved for him. There are things nobody around you has ever done but you will be number one person to achieve it in Jesus name.
It was supposed to be the means of transporting him to his place of glory but it was tied down, it was held up.
There are things that belong to you. They have been destined for you. They are yours from time immemorial but they are not in your hand now they are held up somewhere. After this prayer the power of God in your mouth shall loose them.
This is my conclusion, there are things you must loose and there are things you must bound. Most of the time we focus on binding but there comes a time when you need to loose. You have to loose your ass, your ass could be your money, if your money is tied down you will be tied down too. It could be in area of finances, breakthrough, promotion at work, marital blessings, ministerial success. You have to loose them and set them free.
Mat 16:19 KJV And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Few months back i read an account of a discovery, they were dredging the sea and the dredger found a bottle with picture of a man and woman tied together inside. There was also padlock that has been recovered from the sea. I have also shared the story of four lecturers of University of Lagos whose destiny were tied to a tortoise inside a well.
I don’t know where they tied things that belongs to you to, but i know the power of God shall locate them and bring them out in Jesus name.
Today we are the masters. We are in the place of Jesus because we are ever united with Him. This is new testament reality.
1Cor 6:17 KJV But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
The Lord said how can you enter into a strong man’s house
Mar 3:27 KJV No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
It is practically impossible.
- You will have to go in the name and authority of the Lord Jesus
- You will have to resist the devil Jam 4: 7
- You will go in the power of anointing of the Holy Ghost
Because we are in the place of the master now, we have been equiped with all it take to possess our possession. Anointing breaks the yoke. Say i am anointed, the Holy Ghost is in me, the ability of God is working in me. i am a man of faith. I am full of Holy Ghost like Stephen and Philip. The word of God is in my mouth
- How did Jesus know the exact place where the ass and colt were tied? It was by revelation knowledge of the Holy Ghost. We need to know where our blessings and miracles are, where they are located, so let us pray, the Lord says my sheep hears my voice. I decree and declare that my eyes are open, i receive insight this night, i receive revelation knowledge, visions, revelational dreams in Jesus name.Every spiritual sales fall off my eyes now in Jesus name. Every blindness of mind and heart begone in Jesus name.
- When they were loosing the colt the people asked them loosening the colt? In order words why are you untying it? Allow it to remain under the yoke, let the status quo remain, let him remain in one position, let it not move beyond that area, let his movement be restricted, why do you want to set it free now. We want to pray every yoke of limitation, embargo placed over my marriage, my business, break in Jesus name.
- The disciples did not argue with those people, they just spoke the same word that the Lord gave them and they let them go, now we want to pray commanding the ass to be loose. Loose your business, loose your glory, loose your promotion, loose your blessings now in Jesus name.
- May be you have heard people say loose your hold and grip. Is because they picture Satan holding on to something that he need to let go. So they commands him to let go. say in the name of Jesus loose your grip.
- Isa 52:2 KJV Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion. Loose yourself, i set myself free, i refused to be tied down, i refused to be limited, i refused to be placed under any embargo i decree i am free, The son has set me free, i am free in Jesus name.
- Even though the Ass originally belong to Jesus they did not automatically came to Him. He had to send for them. In Mathew the Lord actually said loose them and bring them unto me. What an audacity. Mat 21:2 KJV Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. God said in Isaiah: Isa Isa 43:5-6 KJV Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Angels are ministering spirit sent forth to minister to those that will be heir of salvation Heb 1:14 KJV Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? There are blessing and breakthrough and answers in the east, west, north and south, call them forth, tell them to bring them now in Jesus name.
- By this anointing i receive all that is mine, whatever has been stolen, kept, hidden, i receive them by the reason of anointing.