ENFORCING OUR LIBERTY
Luk 13:10-17 KJV 10 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. 12 And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. 14 And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day. 15 The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering? 16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? 17 And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him.
The argument of Jesus
And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, who Satan has bound, for lo, these eighteen years, be loosed on the sabbath day? ( Luk 13:16 )
The Lord told the ruler of the Synagogue, if you people can loose your Ass on Sabbath day even though the law forbids works on the Sabbath, then there is nothing wrong in loosing this woman even though it is Sabbath day. All I have done is untie a woman that Satan had bound up for eighteen years. So what if it is the Sabbath day? You loose your donkey to give him water
The expression “daughter of Abraham” signifies that she was a believer.
it also signified that she has a relationship based on covenant.
Abraham had a covenant with God which transcends him and passed to all his descendants.
Every benefit of that covenant goes to them too. Abraham was never sick, he was prosperous and fruitful till his old age.
Jesus is saying this lady being a daughter of Abraham ought not to be in this condition, she ought not to be bound. She ought to be loosed.
What Jesus was doing was enforcing the liberty of that woman.
How does that affect us? My own argerment
Gal 3:7 KJV Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
What he is concerned to affirm is that the possession of faith is a complete and sufficient qualification for sonship to Abraham.
Gal 3:29 KJV And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
We are now children of God by faith.
Gal 3:26 KJV For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Therefore on this premise that we are Abraham seed and children, what happened or what Jesus did to that woman ought to be done to us.
That woman received her healing on credit because Jesus had not been beaten with stripes. How much more now that Christ had been beaten, went to the cross and died and set us free. We ought not to be bound, we ought to enforce the freedom and the liberty he died to give us
That woman, even though was Abraham’s daughter by covenant and faith, was bound by Satan and for 18years she couldn’t help herself and the ruler of the Synagogue could not help her. Most likely because of her ignorance or because they didn’t have authority over the devil. but that situation has changed now. Now we have authority and power. You must enforce your liberty and refused to be bound. Your business, home, wife, spouse, future, marriage must not be bound.
One of the cardinal purposes why Christ came was to proclaim liberty to the captives.
Isa 61:1 KJV The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
The Lord Himself read this passage when he entered into the synagogue as recorded by Luke in Luke 4: 18
He proclaims liberty by opening the prison doors.
Peter and co were released from prison
Act 5:18-19 KJV 18 And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison. 19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,
Peter was released from captivity
Act 12:6-7 KJV 6 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. 7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.
What Christ has done for us?
1. God has delivered us.
Col 1:12-13 KJV 12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
2. We are freed from sin (hermattia-noun)
Rom 6:18 KJV Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
3. We are freed from the law:
Rom 7:6 KJV But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
4. we are freed from the law of sin and death:
Rom 8:2 KJV For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
5. Delivered from the wrath of God:
1Th 1:10 KJV And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
6. Delivered from the fear of death:
Heb 2:14-15 KJV 14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
7. Delivered from sickness and diseases
Mat 8:17 KJV That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
WHAT BRINGS FREEDOM
1. The truth that you know
Joh 8:32 KJV And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
2. The Son makes us free
Joh 8:36 KJV If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
WHAT IS PAUL ADMONITION?
Gal 5:1 KJV Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
The sense is that they were to be firm and unyielding in maintaining the great principles of Christian liberty. They had been freed from the bondage of rites and ceremonies; and they should by no means, and in no form, yield to them again.
We are free
1Pe 2:16 KJV As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
1. Every invisible shackles of the enemy over my life and destiny is broken by fire
2. Psa 129:4 KJV The LORD is righteous: he hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked.
Every cord of the wicked over my life and family be broken asunder in Jesus name
3. Psa 107:16 KJV For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.
every gates of brass and bars of iron catch fire in Jesus name
5. Isa 22:22 KJV And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
My father my father, every power shutting doors behind me, let those power die and be destroyed from life in Jesus name
6. Rev 3:7 KJV And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
I command every locked door of business, marriage, fruitfulness, abundance to be opened now in Jesus name.
7. Psa 146:7 KJV Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:
Every prisoner be loosed. every prisoned job, marriage, jobs, career, fruitfulness be loosed by fire in Jesus name.
8. Act 16:25-26 KJV 25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. 26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed.
everything and every person that belongs to me located in any prison receives freedom by fire. Let there be earthquakes, let the foundation of every prison receive fire.
9. Isa 10:27 KJV And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
I loose myself from every satanic bondage, in the name of Jesus.
10. Isa 28:18 KJV And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
I break and loose myself from every inherited evil covenant, in the name of Jesus. Every covenant bringing creativity to my life be disannulled in Jesus name.
11. Gal 3:13 KJV Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
I break and loose myself from every inherited evil curse, in the name of Jesus.
12. 1Pe 2:24 KJV Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
I release myself from every inherited disease, in the name of Jesus.